MasterSeal 912 – swelling gasket in paste form.
(Formerly: Masterflex 612)
What is and where to use MasterSeal 912?
MasterSeal 912 is a one component, moisture curing pre-polymer which is reswellable when in contact with water, suitable for the permanent sealing of construction joints in concrete structures.
MasterSeal 912 application areas are:
- Construction joints of every kind.
- Connecting joints in sheet pilings or diaphragm walls.
- Sealing of bell butt joints.
- Wall penetration for metal, plastic and concrete pipes, cable bushing.
Bonding of MasterSeal 912 swelling waterstops on very uneven or rough surfaces. MasterSeal 912 swelling waterstops are pressed strongly into the paste bead.
Surrounding steel reinforcement bars on pile heads.
What are the advantages of MasterSeal 912?
- Simple use
- High swelling capacity in contact with water
- Highly resistant to chemicals and saline liquids (see chemical resistance table)
- Good adhesion to dry and moist surfaces (concrete, steel and plastics)
- Reversible swelling process