BASF evaluates strategic options for Construction Chemicals division
Even stronger focus on customers and business continuity
BASF has announced to evaluate strategic options for the Construction Chemicals division. This could for example be a merger with a strong partner or a divestiture. "We are doing this to ensure the successful development of this business in the long term", says Ralf Spettmann, president Construction Chemicals division.
Spettmann underlines: "For our customers, this means:
- Our focus will be even more on our customers and on business continuity. All existing contracts with our customers and suppliers remain unaffected.
- We will continue to serve our customers with innovative solutions, excellent technical service and a high reliability.
- We remain committed to a high level of technical service in all our business lines across the globe.
- We will continue to invest into the reliability of our assets, we continue to upgrade our digital offerings and invest in innovations.
- The Construction Chemicals division remains fully committed to the construction industry."
BASF strives to sign an agreement in 2019.